Zucchini Noodles with Lemon Basil White Bean Sauce and Roasted Grape Tomatoes
5 years later, I’m finally on the zoodle train. There was something so satisfying about spiralizing that zucchini within an inch of its life! It made such a huge pile of spirally zoodles, oodles of zoodles. I’m in love.
I wanted to do a vegan sauce that felt creamy and luxurious, so I went with a cannellini bean-based sauce (similar to this one), but with a few extra touches. You can make the sauce ahead of time and even use it as a dip just like hummus if you want.
I love the color contrast of the roasted tomatoes against the bright green pasta, but any roasted veggies would taste great here, too…like mushrooms, carrots, or broccoli!
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the Sauce
2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1 clove of garlic
1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
1 scallion, roughly chopped
About 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Add the beans, lemon juice and zest, garlic, basil, and scallion to a food processor. Pulse until it’s a chunky puree. Turn the processor on, and stream in the olive oil until the sauce has a smooth and creamy consistency. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
For the Zucchini Noodles
1 very large (or 2 smaller) zucchinis
- Spiralize the zucchini. Heat up olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini, and saute for 3-5 minutes. Toss with 1 cup of the white bean sauce, and top with the roasted grape tomatoes.
For the Roasted Grape Tomatoes
About 15 grape tomatoes, rinsed
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 6-8 minutes, or until burst and charred. Serve on top of the zucchini noodles.
Fresh basil and parsley